Sunday, September 18, 2011

AUTHOR STUDY





















On Friday level 3 had an incursion with Author/ Illustrator Roland Harvey. The children wrote their reflections of his visit and how our author study unit has helped them with their writing.

When Roland Harvey came he showed us how to set out a book when you write one.
The author study unit has helped me because now I know how to write a book. I learnt I can use dialogue and different sorts of punctuation like elipses. I learnt that you can get ideas from anyone you know, like friends or family.
Harrison 4WY

On Friday 16th September we had a Roland Harvey incursion. In all of his books his illustrations are very detailed. I learnt that if your illustrations are very detailed it will help the reader understand the book better. Since we have been doing author studies I have now put repetition in my writing pieces.
Dylan 4WY

When Friday 16th came my class and the other grade 3's and 4's had an incursion with Roland Harvey. He started as an illustrator then he became an author because he didn't like drawing pictures for other people's stories. Roland Harvey draws very detailed pictures. When he writes books he uses people from his life in his stories. For example in the story 'In The Bush' he used his family as characters and got his ideas for the story from their family holiday to the bush.
I really enjoyed when Roland created letters into human letters.
Roland Harvy and the other authors we have studied have helped me to create ideas for my story, how to write character descriptions and gave me ideas on how to set out my stories.
Ann 4WY

Last Friday 16th September was the day Roland Harvey came to our school to talk about his illustrations and how he wrote his books. I learnt that he gets his ideas from his family. He used to be just an illustrator but then decided to write some books.
I think that studying authors has helped me to be able to format the text of my stories and has helped me to know how to put repetition in my writing.
Reema 4WY


No comments:

Post a Comment